I woke up this morning very conscious of any possible prank from any of my friends. I have
been quite lucky not to fall for any April fool hoax in the recent past.
Whenever April arrives our hearts are usually full of thoughts of renewal and fresh beginnings. These are the days when the sun is shining… it may bring us April showers but the warm showers are refreshing and invigorating because we know the sunshine will return soon.
April 1 is one of the most light-hearted days of the year where you get to pull pranks over your loved ones as well as your enemies yet everyone takes it in a light spirit of humorous way. Although the day is not a national holiday but it is celebrated with much enthusiasm across everywhere. Even though it is widely celebrated, its origin is uncertain. While unleashing your fun side and fooling others let’s look at some of interesting facts related to April.
April is named for the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite. The name for the month of April originally came for Aprilis which means to open. The name Aprilis is very appropriate because in so many places the trees and flowers begin to bloom and go on to flower during the month of April.
Here are a few cool facts about April along with some events:
- In late 1980s a British television program ran an April fool hoax about a device named ‘Chippy’. The claim was that this technological device, a new type of walkman could hold hundreds of songs on a microchip .And now we do have MP3 players turning the hoax into reality!
- The diamond is the birthstone for the month of April
- NASA announced the selection of America’s first seven astronauts on April 9, 1959
- William Wadsworth, English poet was born April 7, 1770
- Noah Webster copyrighted the first edition of his dictionary April 14, 1828
- Leonarado da Vinci, Italian painter, sculptor and scientist was born April 15, 1452
- Adolf Hitler, dictator of Germany was born April 20, 1889
- William Shakespeare, the playright, was born on April 23, 1564. He also died in England in 1616
- George Washington was inaugurated as the first president of the United States of America on April 30, 1789
- April is one of only four months that has exactly 30 days, the others are June, September and November.
- April begins on the same day of the week as July every single year!
- The Titanic sank on April 15, 1912
What your opinion about April fool’s Day. Do you prank people or get pranked? share with us!