I recently came across this list of quotes from some of the richest Africans on forbes and I thought I should share with you.
One stop on the road to attaining a billion-dollar fortune is to seek advice at the feet of those who have already attained it. And while it might be difficult to get face time with some of Africa’s richest people, you can learn a lot from their words of wisdom.
In the spirit of self-motivation, here are 20 inspirational quotes from a few members of Forbes’ list of 50 Richest Africans.
1. If you don’t have ambition, you shouldn’t be alive. – Aliko Dangote
2. Every morning when I wake up, I make up my mind to solve as many problems, before retiring home. – Aliko Dangote
3. As you start out in life, it is important that you know at least something about everything, but as you get older it is important that you know everything about something. – Johann Rupert
4. The harder you work, the luckier you get. – Mike Adenuga
5. In Life, you don’t get anywhere or do anything you hope to without some sort of sacrifice. – Stephen Saad
6. I think there are a lot of people with family connections but who are actually nowhere. If you are hardworking and determined, you will make it and that’s the bottom line. I don’t believe in an easy way through. – Isabel Dos Santos
7. One has to set high standards… I can never be happy with mediocre performance. – Patrice Motsepe
8. Money is not my objective. – Desmond Sacco
9. I own quite a lot and I have worked very hard for it. – Sudhir Ruparelia
10. In today’s world, paradoxically, it is the boldest action that is often the safest.
11. Remaining where you are in a world that is changing so rapidly is in fact the most dangerous of all places to be in. – Hakeem Belo- Osagie
12. It’s essential to draw up a “things to do” list on a daily basis and set priorities in executing them, making sure that any unfinished task get posted to the next day’s list. – Folorunsho Alakija
13. I grew up in poverty, but I always saw it as a challenge. The good thing is that you can surmount a challenge if you are willing to pay the price. The price is hard work. – Reginald Mengi
14. People in Tanzania look at my wealth and think I must be sunbathing and playing golf all day. But I work really hard. I put in a hundred hours a week. It’s a never stopped game. You can never say I’ve worked hard enough now. – Mohammed Dewji
15. A vision on its own is not enough. Hard work & dedication is required to make that vision a reality – Strive Masiyiwa
16. Today is the beginning of the Rest of your Life! You are the Pilot of your life! Lock in your destination; take off to it, from where you are! – Vimal Shah
17. In business you have to know when to retire, before someone knocks you out.” – Lauritz (Laurie) Dippenaar
18. In whatever you do, strive to be the best at it – Aliko Dangote
19. Whether you’re a farmer, builder or engineer, the opportunities are equal: Just add a little innovation – Strive Masiyiwa
20. Entrepreneurship without skills limits your growth potential – Strive Masiyiwa
Did you find them helpful? Let us know!