Happy Monday lovely ET readers! Let’s start this week with an inspirational uplift, shall we?
The team here loves to scour the web from time to time looking for awesome insights and super-inspiring words from the world’s great teachers. In this post, we share great and ideas from the likes of Henry Ford, Michael Jordan and Dolly Parton. Enjoy!
1. “We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails.” – Dolly Parton
2. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
3. “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.” – James Baldwin
4. “We must become the change we want to see.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5. “When you make a mistake, don’t look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind, and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.” – Phyllis Bottome
6. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” – Henry Ford
7. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing that you will make one.” – Elbert Hubbard
8. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
9. “By associating with wise people you will become wise yourself.” – Menander
10. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
11. “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” – Henry David Thoreau
12. “Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.” – Pamela Vaull Starr
13. “The seat of knowledge is in the head, of wisdom, in the heart.” – William Hazlitt
14. “Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci
15. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” – Aristotle
16. “Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out.” – Art Linkletter
17. “The greatest inspiration is often born of desperation.” – Comer Cotrell
Have you got a favourite inspirational quote that gets you through tough times? Please share it below as we’d love to hear it!